Lake Tahoe is spectacular. Whether you are sitting lakeside on the West Shore or standing on top of Mount Rose. No matter where you go you will find beauty and it's your wedding day so you get to pick exactly where you will say I do. We picked Tahoe for our home base because of the amazing surroundings and the ability to hike up a peak, take in the lake view and end our day sitting on the perfect Tahoe pier. Since it's a tough decision on which locale to choose we have narrowed it down to pros for both lakefront and mountaintop weddings.
Lake Tahoe is known all over the world for its stunning blue hues and unreal clarity. In the wedding world, it's known as a breathtaking wedding backdrop and the sunsets of your dreams. A lakefront wedding is classic Tahoe and here is why...
- Big Blue: Have you seen Lake Tahoe? It's incredible! It offers an unbelievable ceremony backdrop and the view speaks for itself. Throw in a couple in love and you have yourself the perfect Tahoe wedding.
- Wooden Boats: Is there a better way to arrive at a Tahoe wedding? Find yourself a classic wooden boat and arrive at your wedding in style, or a different type of wooden boat like this couple for a sunset photo on the lake.
- The Venues: Lake Tahoe is full of stunning private estates sitting pretty on the lake and amazing restaurants with stellar decks for you to celebrate your nuptials on.
Looking for sweeping views and the ability to see the entirety of Lake Tahoe all at once? Maybe a more adventurous ceremony site where you and your guests hike to the top of the mountain for you to tie the knot? Then a mountaintop wedding might be what you are looking for.
- Adventure: Looking for an adrenaline rush? Hike (or take the a lift) to the top of your favorite peak with all of your friends and family and exchange I dos on the top of the mountain. Once you reach the top all you see is endless beauty and we aren't just talking about the bride!
- The Woods: Feeling outdoorsy? Love the idea of fresh mountain air greeting your guests while they soak in the nature around them? Then towering pines nestled in the woods await you if you decide to tie the knot at the top.
- The Views: Tahoe offers unparalleled views and is full of scenic peaks. Whether you are at the top of Squaw Valley or riding a chairlift to the summit at Northstar. The views are endless and offer the best locations for your first pictures as husband and wife.
If you hadn't noticed yet, it's hard to pick lakefront or mountaintop for us. We LOVE both! We also think you can get married at the top and celebrate at the lake for the best of both worlds! Be sure to check out our favorite Tahoe Unveiled venues for more inspiration.