As summer comes to end and we head into the most beautiful and magical time of the year, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe prepares for exquisite winter wonderland weddings. The resort offers a stunning setting for destination weddings, with couples exchanging vows high above the treetops and in the midst of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains in the country.
The resort offers an outdoor wedding venue with picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range as well as several venues for a gorgeous indoor celebration hosting up to 350 guests. The various event spaces offered are large enough for multi-day cultural weddings, where marriages are elaborate occasions of rituals and customs, including both pre- and post-wedding ceremonies. Examples include a traditional Hindu marriage which embraces events such as the Haldi Ceremony, the Mehndi Night and the Sangeetor, among several others, and cultural ceremonies such as the Sofreh Aghd, known in Persian weddings.
Indoor wedding venues include two ballrooms, each showcasing breathtaking scenery that can be taken in from floor to ceiling windows, and provide uncompromised views of the widely recognized white-capped mountains. Each expansive indoor space also provides a beautiful outdoor balcony from the ballroom, which gives guests both an indoor and outdoor experience during their Lake Tahoe wedding celebration. The Ritz-Carlton Ballroom offers a refined mountain setting with amazing views of the Sierra Nevada mountains through floor-to-ceiling windows and can hold up to 350 guests; The Pines Ballroom seats up to 140 guests; and the Private Dining Room in Manzanita is the perfect venue for a smaller wedding as it seats up to 25 guests.
The Fireside Terrace is an outdoor venue option for an unforgettable winter wedding ceremony that features a 2,000-square-foot stone terrace highlighted by a seven-foot outdoor fire feature that will bring magic to a wedding ceremony for up to 200 guests.
“It is such an honor to be able to create such magical and memorable events in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world,” said Amber Kijanka, catering sales manager. “The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe in the winter is a site unlike any other and every wedding guest and newlywed leaves here with a new appreciation for the season.”
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is sure to bring any dream wedding to life and is dedicated to creating a unique and memorable destination wedding experience for this once-in-a-lifetime occasion. Beyond the measure of elegance that The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe brings to each and every wedding, there are many small touches that make a Ritz-Carlton wedding like no other, including:
- Assistance of a Ritz-Carlton Special Events Manager to personally oversee every detail
- Personal Event Concierge service on wedding day
- Dedicated Banquet Captain to ensure a seamless event
- Ritz-Carlton floor length linens with white napkins
- Ritz-Carlton dishware including charger, silverware and glassware
- 72-inch round tables and venue appropriate chairs
- Staging and dance floor
- Preferred wedding guest room rates for out-of-town guests
- White glove synchronized service for plated dinners at our impeccable wedding venues
- Ritz-Carlton champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on wedding night
- Breakfast in bed the following morning
- Exclusive Wedding Package including open bar, passed hors d’oeuvres, champagne toast, two-course plated dinner selection and custom wedding cake*
Photography by The Youngrens