Now that your best friend, sister, college roommate is engaged – it’s time to start thinking about the bachelorette party! There are so many ideas but we have a few tips to get you started on the right track.
1. Pick the group that he feels comfortable “letting loose” around | Get the invite list from the bride and let her decide who she would like to have join – if she hasn’t spoken to someone in a while or doesn’t feel comfortable in Vegas with work colleagues, they don’t need to get an invite.
2. Remember, this is her night/weekend | Focus on what will make her have fun and enjoy a relaxing evening, not what everyone else wants to do.If sipping wine by a roaring fire while glamping, or partying all night in Vegas are things that will make your bride-to-be happy, then that is what your plan should entail.
3. Create a budget | Once you have the guest list created, ask everyone what they are comfortable spending. If it’s relatively small, keep this in mind and maybe plan a one-night, local adventure. If everyone has a little more wiggle room, maybe consider turning this into a weekend relaxation trip or quick flight to somewhere fun.
4. Elect one person for planning | It’s so easy for everyone to brainstorm and come up with a million locations, ideas, themes, etc. Let one person coordinate all of the details and then as a group finalize everything. That way no one is doing double work and everything will be more seamless.
5. Take care of transportation | Do everyone a favor and rent either a limo, town car, or party bus. No one wants to be the “sober” one for this fun night out, so everyone should build in their budget an allotment for responsible transportation.